PC 3 Acupuncture Point(Quze) belongs to the pericardium meridian of hand-Jueyin,which is commonly used for acute gastroenteritis, heatstroke and other diseases.
PC 3 Acupuncture Point Location
On the transverse cubital crease on the ulnar side of the biceps brachii tendon.
What is the meaning of Quze
Quze:”Qu”,refers to secretive.”Ze”,refers to swamp. The name of Quze means that the qi of pericardium meridian converge here. This point is located in the south. Although the meridian-qi of the upper and lower of the pericardium meridian converge and dissipate and cool down here, it shows the characteristics of water-qi, but It is still a lot of vaporized water-qi from Tianquan point like a tropical swamp, hence the name.
PC 3 Acupuncture Point Usage
- Heartache, palpitations and other heart disease syndromes;
- Stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea and other acute gastrointestinal diseases;
- Pain in elbow and arm contracture;
PC 3 Acupuncture Point therapy
- Bend the forearm slightly forward with one hand, and place the thumb of the other hand on the Quze point. Use the fingertips to press and loosen it alternative.It can relieve stomach pain,vomiting and prevent and treat acute gastroenteritis，vomiting, stomach pain and elbow and arm pain.
- When middle-aged and elderly people are sitting for a long time, you might press Quze acupoint left and right for 1 minute. It can enhance the function of the cardiovascular and cerebrovascular system if pressing several times a day.
Moxibustion on Quze acupoint with moxa sticks for 5 to 20 minutes, once a day,It can relieve fright and heartache.
Gua Sha therapy
Scrape Quze point for 3~5 minutes, once every other day, It can treat fever, palpitations, heartache, irritability, etc.
Compatibility of Quze PC 3 Points
Combined with Shenmen and Yuji point to relieve hematemesis;
Combined with Neiguan, Zhongwan and Zusanli point to relieve vomiting and stomachache;
Combined with Weizhong and Quchi point to relieve and treat high fever and heatstroke;
Combined with Neiguan and Daling point to relieve heart and chest pain.