HT 1 Acupuncture Point(Jiquan) belongs to the Heart Meridian of Hand-Shaoyin,which is commonly used for heartache,chest and hypochondriac pain, underarm swelling, inability to raise arm due to pain in shoulder joint etc.
Location of HT 1 Acupuncture Point
In the center of the axilla on the radial side of the axillary artery.
What is the meaning of Jiquan
“Jiquan”: “Ji”, Top, “Quan”,water,The name of “Jiquan” means that the water-qi of heart meridian is transferred from the original to the heart meridian. The substance of this point is the Qi of heart meridian collected at Juque point. After going up here, and it dissipates and cools down water-qi.This acupoint is located at the highest part of the heart meridian. When the water-qi descends through the heart meridian, like falls from the top, hence the name.
What is HT 1 Acupuncture Point used for
- Frozen shoulder.
- Pain in the cardiac region – heart pain, chest pain, shortness of breath, anxiety, palpitations.
- Regulate Qi flow from the torso to the arm and vice versa – cold, numbness, pain in shoulder a/or arm.
- Pain a/or distention of the upper thoracic area.
HT 1 Acupuncture Point therapy
- Pressing Jiquan point can effectively treat various heart diseases, such as: myocarditis, angina pectoris, coronary heart disease, palpitations, heartache, etc.
- Pressing Jiquan point can relieve shoulder and arm pain, brachial plexus injury, cold elbow, shoulder arthritis, intercostal neuralgia, jaundice, underarm odor, hemipplegia, etc.
- Pressing Jiquan point can relieve upper limb numbness, neck lymphatic tuberculosis, etc.
Compatibility of Jiquan Acupoints
Heartache, vomiting and upset: Jiquan,Xiabai point.
Axillary pain: Jiquan,Riyue, Jianzhen, Shaohai, Neiguan, Yangfu, Qiuxu point.
flaccidity of limbs: Jiquan,Riyue,Pishu point.
Sore throat: Jiquan,Taiyuan, Pianli, Taichong and Tiantu points.
Palpitations, coronary heart disease: Jiquan,Shenmen, Neiguan, Xinshu point.
Cold pain in elbow and arm: Jiquan,Xiabai point.